Sure, we all love the summer. Taking the weather, the clothes, and the beach vacay fantasies into account, it’s an all-around seasonal hit. For those of us that struggle with acne, however, the summer can both be a blessing a curse; the heat and humidity can totally trip up skin and cause more breakouts than usual. To fight back, most decide to change up their skin care routine, which isn’t a bad idea as long as the right choices are made when switching up the regimen. You see ladies, it is v important to take steps to ensure that you all are getting the most out of your routine. After all, with summer fun and sun comes increased exposure to UV rays, as well as an increase in overall sweatiness.
The biggest issue with summertime acne is that the most powerful products available (benzoyl peroxide and retinoids) are already super drying, and the sun only causes more dryness. Moreover, certain prescription medications, like antibiotics and retin-A, may cause the skin to be more sensitive to sunlight. That, in turn, may cause sunburn. So, it seems as though pulling out the big guns to deal with acne only makes matters worse. Not to worry though ladies–as always J4G has found a solution. There are products out there that fight pimples in hot, humid weather that don’t necessitate blasting your skin with harsh spot treatments in order to see results. Below we’ve curated the best selection of acne-fighting products that will help balance the skin and restore equilibrium for clean and clear summer skin:
- Here at J4G, we swear by Avène. Seriously, it is no secret that it is an in house favorite amongst skincare brands–and we most definitely aren’t the only ones. If you ladies haven’t already tried the brand out for yourselves, then you absolutely must. There is nowhere better to start than with their Cleanance Mask. The mask is designed for oily, blemish-prone skin, rescuing the skin by exfoliating and simultaneously soothing. Leave it on for five minutes, then with wet hands gently massage in circular movements and use approximately twice a week. The Avène Cleanance Cleansing Gel is a simple cleanser to add to your daily routine, morning and night, that gives instant results. The skin feels clean and prepped once washed, ready for a light moisturizer. Follow up with the Avène Cleanance Expert, a powerhouse moisturizing treatment, packed with with alternative ingredients, that targets acne at every stage: It slows down the production of sebum and amps up cell turnover, while also soothing inflammation and smoothing out the skin’s texture without causing further irritation to the skin.
- The Yes To Tomatoes Acne Fightinhttps://www.just4girls.pk/blog/face-skincare/acne-treatmentg Paper Mask is a quick and easy solution to fighting acne. The mask is formulated with tomato extracts and salicylic acid, which fights acne and prevents pesky new pasty white pimples from forming. Yes to not playing connect the dots on our face this summer ladies, am I right?!
- The mild antimicrobial properties of sulfur in the Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Masque push back against the bacteria that cause acne. That single feature makes the masque a good choice for people whose skin doesn’t respond well to harsher ingredients like benzoyl peroxide.
- The Ponds Pimple Clear Face Wash gently cleanses to lift away dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. The active ingredient, Thymo-T Essence, which also employs lock and clear technology, helps remove pimple causing germs to clear skin and prevent pimples from resurfacing with instant results. Yes ladies, I am talking a visible reduction in just 3 days!
- The Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Honey Mask is a gentle purifying mask that deeply detoxes the complexion while nourishing skin, leaving it feeling comfortably clean, clear, and conditioned. It is formulated with bamboo charcoal that actively deep cleans beneath the surface, acting as a magnet that draws out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, impurities, and debris. Meanwhile, golden wildflower and fermented honey help nourish the skin. The skin ends up looking clear and feeling perfectly pure.
So ladies, whether you are dealing with regular breakouts or the occasional errant pimple, when a blemish turns up peak summer, we all want it gone fast. Lucky for you ladies, J4G carries some of the best acne-fighting products for making that happen, as well as keep new breakouts at bay in the future. All of the acne-fighting products mentioned above are available on just4girls.pk/blog, so you ladies have all the right tools to fix your summer acne problems for good. In the end, more sun and sweat don’t have to mean more breakouts–with the right products, it can mean clean and clear summer skin!