If you’re like me, then you’re constantly battling and fighting dull, dry skin. You’re not alone; literally thousands, if not millions, of us fight this same issue every single day. Glamour magazine has a really great article that I used for reference in creating this blog. Here are some of the practices the article recommends:
- Massage your face: You can do this with your hands or with a face massage roller. It’s up to you. Use your fingertips to massage a serum or oil into your face. Be sure to let it absorb into the skin for about twenty minutes. This also helps get blood flowing and peps up your whole complexion.
- You can try a microcurrent device. Sometimes people use these when their complexion seems dull or when they need some added firmness.
- Just bend over. Seriously. Hanging your head upside down for around two to three minutes a day increases blood flow and oxygen to the face.
- Hydrating masks are your best friend. You can use a sheet mask or make your own. Some people like to take yogurt and avocado to make a DIY mask.
- Drop some liquid highlighter into your moisturizer or foundation. It will instantly give you an even, sheer layer of sheen that will give you a beautiful natural glow.
- Don’t skip the toner before your moisturizer. I didn’t use a toner for a long time, and now that I do, I won’t go without one. Toners are one of the best products you can invest in for your skin.
- Add vitamin C to your diet or routine. You can add Vitamin C serum, or take a supplement. This nutrient is a well known beauty secret that gives you glow and sparkle.
- Clear out your pores. Using pore strips or a good peel off mask helps get rid of all of the little gunkies stuck in your skin.
- Drink as much water as you can. Hydrating can keep your skin healthy and supple.
Some other things we can do to give our skin a beautiful glow is to invest in some really great skincare products. You want to choose the product that is the best fit for your skin type, even if you’re oily. The common misconception is that oily skin types don’t need moisturizer and serums, but they really do.
Having a good moisturizer helps replenish hydration and nutrients in your skin. We lose moisture and resilience in our skin as we age and with our day to day activities. That is why it is important to make sure to drink lots of water and choose skincare products that not only deliver moisture to your skin, but help retain it as well.
Serums are also very important to keep on hand. You really don’t want to go without these important ingredients.
Here are some great products to help you get that glow you’ve been looking for, all of which are available at Just4Girls.pk:
- Eminence Clear Skin Probiotic Masque: This mask uses cooling cucumber tones and refining yogurt. This helps exfoliate the skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. Kaolin Clay also cleans and softens skin for a noticeably smoother surface. Eminence products are all natural and very good for your skin.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Splash Boost Moisture Cream with Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid is one of the best ingredients for your skin, hands down. This is a super-ingredient which helps hydrate and moisturize your skin. This formula is also vegan and cruelty free.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Mattify Boost: This is an all new formulation for skin types that deal with oily, blemish prone skin. This has the same hydration ingredients as the Hydration boost cream, but with skin friendly treatments that work to treat oily, blemish prone skin. Rosemary Extract works to calm irritated skin and leaves your skin with a beautiful matte finish.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Hydration Boost: If you have normal to combination skin, this is the product for you. It moisturizes intensely, and makes your skin fresh and bright.
- Evoluderm Argan Beauty Oil: Argan Oil is one of the most nourishing and hydrating ingredients you can choose for your skin (and hair). I will caution you; if you have very oily skin and or hair, I would not use Argan oil. This is for skin and hair that tends to be on the dry to very dry side. If you extremely dry skin and are experiencing issues with flakiness and cracks, then use this one to two times a day to revitalize your skin. Be sure to massage gently into your tissue, letting it absorb into the skin for a good ten minutes before applying other products. For hair, massage into hair and scalp, leave on for thirty minutes, then wash hair.
- Evoluderm Tahitian Monoi la Folie Sublimating Dray Oil: This is another non-greasy oil which is perfect for dry skin and hair. I personally love the smell of this product.
- Evoluderm Energizing Facial Water Mist with Sea Salt: If you’re looking for a good way to revive dull, tired skin, grab up one of these. This spray helps tone and revitalize skin while delivering a dose of hydration. It also has skin rich minerals which helps you feel energized and refreshed. I would keep one of these in my purse and revitalize your skin throughout the day, especially if you work outside.
- SL Basics Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin C is a super ingredient which helps brighten skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps stimulate the growth of collagen. To use this serum, apply a dime-sized portion to face and gently massage into your tissue. You’ll want to use upward motions, which helps give you the feel of a face-lift. Pulling down on your facial skin can cause wrinkles and tissue damage. Leave for at least ten minutes to absorb into skin before adding moisturizer and other products.
- Milani Prep + Brighten Rose Face Oil: This budget friendly luxury face serum blends ingredients Vitamin C, Apricot Kernel, Sunflower, Crambe Abyssincia Oils and Sweet Almond to nourish and tighten skin. This formula is fast-absorbing and weightless, perfect for giving your skin that gorgeous youthful glow!
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Multi Acid Peeling Solution: I can’t blog enough about this product (and products out there like it). This is a miracle worker serum for getting rid of dead skin and clearing up blemishes and imperfections. It is an actual peel, which means its literally disintegrating a dead layer of skin. This serum is a blend of Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid and Fruit Acids (Blueberry, Bilberry, Super Maple, Lemon and Orange). What essentially happens when you use this product it is exfoliates away dead and dull skin, leaving the smoother and newer layer with refined texture. Yes, after using this product consistently and correctly, you can actually help restructure your skin to appear more youthful and glowing. Since this is a peel, I would not use more than twice a week, and you do not want to leave on for more than ten minutes at a time. If you’re new to this type of product, try five minutes once a week to start, then gradually move to two times a week at ten minute sessions each. I can tell you since I’ve started using this product, my skin looks more even toned and I’m seeing less blemishes and breakouts.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Superfruit Extract: I like to use this after I apply my AHA peel; this serum is packed with anti-oxidant super power blueberry extract to help fight against environmental damage and pollution. It also gives your skin a gorgeous shimmer.
- Zauria 24K Marula Gold Beauty Oil: Zauria is what I consider to be one of the Rolls Royce models of skincare. This gorgeous formula is 24K infused beauty oil made with the finest ingredients mother nature has to offer. I especially love that is features Marula Oil; which is a life saver for dull, dry skin.
- Zauria 24K Rose Gold Beauty Oil: I fell in love with this product from the very first time I used it. The rose oil is organically grown in the Bulgarian Rose Valley, and infused with 24K gold, this serum will make you feel like a superstar. It is the perfect pick me up for dry, dull skin. Any product with 24K gold flakes is immediately going to give you a beautiful, youthful glow and help your skin look more even.
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid is one of the best skin enhancers on the market. It is a moisture binding agent, which means it helps your skin retain moisture and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The Ordinary’s Hyaluronic Acid is revolutionary because it uses three forms of Hyaluronic Acid with varying molecular weights as well as a cross polymer to give you multiple layers of hydration and visible plumping. Plus, it’s very reasonably priced and contains natural ingredients.
- SL Basics Gold and Pearl Serum: If you’re wanting a great priced serum that helps fight against pigmentated, dull and aging skin, then put one of these in your cart. You can use it as a primer or as a moisturizer (which I love), and the pearl and gold will give your skin a radiant and healthy glow.
- Andalou Naturals Brightening Turmeric + C Enlighten Serum: One misconception people often have about “brightening” products is that they whiten skin. This is not the case whatsoever. Brightening products contain vitamins and ingredients which help revive dull, dry skin. When our skin builds up layers of dead skin and loses moisture and nutrients, it can look flat and lifeless. Serums such as this one helkp skin to come alive, regain its natural shine and glow and have a more vigorous and youthful appearance. This serum helps target hyperpigmentation and UV damage as well, which is a huge plus.
- Global Beauty Care Gold Gel Mask: Again, anything with 24K gold flakes is going to give your skin a beautiful glow. This gel mask also has Vitamins A, C and E and offers intense hydration and a cooling deep cleaning gel.
- SL Basics Charcoal and Sea Salt Scrub: Another way to get really beautiful, glowing skin is to make sure to keep it clean. A good daily cleanser is essential to any successful beauty routine. If you struggle with pores getting clogged up and lots of dead skin, then this charcoal and sea salt exfoliating scrub will be a wonderful addition to your beauty arsenal. Activated charcoal is amazing when it comes to extracting impurities and dirt from the skin. This helps clear pores and reduce breakouts, as well as absorb excess dirt and oil from pores.
- L’Oreal Pure Clay Eucalyptus Purifying Face Wash: This cleanser is powered by three different clays in their pure form. This is a really good gel wash for oil skin, as it cleans, purifies and mattifies skin.
- Evoluderm Anti Imperfections Exfoliating Cleansing Gel: This is yet another great, all natural ingredient, cleanser for oily skin. It helps wash away impurities, while the Zinc ingredient acts as an astringent.
You can also get glowing skin by adding a liquid highlighter to your makeup. If you’ve never used a liquid highlighter, I would start off with using a product such as Wet N Wild Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter in Guilded Glow or Wet N Wild Megaglo Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter in Go with The Glow. This is a beautiful, buildable formula that is super easy to use. Just apply a few drops to the top of your cheekbones, cupid’s bow of the lip and on top of your eyebrows for a subtle glow effect.
If you need a little bit of help deciding which skincare products are right for you, reach out to our Beauty Advisor, Jaweria Artistry! She is ready to help you with all of your makeup and skincare needs! Drop her a line today on Insta, or Message her on Just4Girls.pk!