I’m so very impressed and applaud those of us that are perfectly comfortable with leaving the house without any makeup on. However, on the busiest of days, when there are not enough hours to get everything done–much less focus on your appearance–you can go without the foundation, the eyeshadow, and even the lipstick, but there is no taking away the under-eye concealer. Without the under-eye concealer, your lack of sleep that equates to dark circles are self evident. Concealer is that miracle product that makes our mornings bearable after having a rough day or night. Of course, as is with all other cosmetics, the concealer is only as good as the hand that applies it. If your formula tends to flake or look painfully obvious during the day, then something may be off with the way you apply. Not to worry though ladies, I’m always here to save the day! Here are some life changing under-eye concealer tricks that you ladies should keep under your daily belt that will make all the difference:
- The first rookie mistake that most of us make is in the way that we apply the concealer–like a half moon beneath the eye. Unfortunately, that method is a total no-go. To get the most out of under-eye concealer by making it look like your face is actually highlighted and glowing in the right places, apply the concealer in the shape of a triangle by using the applicator and ensuring that it is pointed downwards towards the middle of the cheek. Then, blend in really well with a concealer brush of sponge.
- The next step is to apply a color correcting product before applying concealer. Be sure to not mistake concealer for a color corrector. Concealers with a yellow tint can blur purple tints and darkness from under-eye circles, but they aren’t going to be much help when it comes to red pimples or other imperfections that you are trying to hide. Apply a green color corrector over red spots first, then follow up with a concealer. Try the City Color Green Corrector Touch Up Pen.
- It is important that you get a concealer that is lighter than your skin tone to highlight your eyes, making them look bright and awake on days that dark circles seem to be overpowering. Apply one dot of light concealer to the inner corners of eyes and one beneath your brow bones. Make sure you go over those areas with concealer after you’ve applied your eyeshadow. Then blend with a finger by lightly patting the concealer into your skin until it vanishes. Try Tarte’s Double Duty Shape Tape Contour Concealer or Revlon’s Colorstay Concealer.
- Peach concealer is a huge help. In fact, it is your dark circles’ worst enemy. Just as green corrector helps reduce redness on the face, the color concealer that you use for dark circles makes all the difference. If you have a very dark purple or black hue underneath the eyes, combat the problem with peach concealer. It is miraculous for cancelling dark tones and brightening the skin. Try DMGM Photo Finish Concealer in Peach or MUA Pro-Base & Conceal Correcting Cream in Peach.
- To finish it all off, be sure to set your concealer with powder to prevent creasing and settling into fine lines. There are a few ways to go about preventing the creasing from happening. The number one thing is to use a quality, lightweight concealer and giving it plenty of time to dry and absorb into your skin. After applying concealer, set it with a light dusting of translucent powder. The powder sets the concealer and helps brighten your under-eye area. Try NYX Mineral Finishing Powder.
Now that you ladies are up to date with the under-eye concealer tips and tricks, your lives (and under-eyes) are bound to change. The best way to spearhead that change is to go online and shop all the concealers, correctors, and powders mentioned above on just4girls.pk/blog. There’s no excuse for dark under-eyes now ladies. You’ll be all bright-eyed and bushy tailed, even on the most exhausting of days.