Can you have too many lipsticks? Depends on who you ask. If I’m the person answering the question, then I’m going to say there is always room for more lipstick in your life. I know that’s true of my makeup cabinet!
Speaking of lipstick, have you ever struggled with finding that perfect shade? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone into the store to purchase a shade, then got home to find that it wasn’t my color at all. Or, have you ever seen something online, ordered it, then realized it wasn’t for you when you received it? I was reading this Byrdie Article (How to Choose the Best Lipstick for Your Skin Tone), and I thought it had some really great information!
First things first, you need to determine your undertone. I’ve discussed this in articles before: if the veins in your wrist appear blue, then you’re a cool tone. If they’re yellow, then you’re a warm tone. Neutrals are both and your veins could appear both blue and green.
Once you’ve determined whether you’re warm, cool or neutral, then it’s time to choose colors. Neutrals have the best choices because a wide spectrum of colors will work for them. Warms want to stay with red or orange hues and cools need to go more with blues and purples.
Have you ever heard someone go up to the makeup counter and ask for a “red with blues in it” and had no idea what they were talking about? Well, now you do! Red lipsticks with blues are reds that have blues and purples in them, which makes them more suitable for cool toned skin.
Red lipsticks can look really good on your screen, but might not be compatible once you get home or try it on in the store. Since many of us live in areas where stores may be closed or no longer give you the option of trying cosmetics on in person, we have to get creative when it comes to choosing our colors.
One thing that helped me was to google search red lipsticks for warm skin tones. I’m more of a neutral, but warm red lipsticks work better for me than neutral ones (depending on the brand and shade). This is a good way to get started. Another way is to find a virual try on app (just search the play or app store for these). With these apps, you upload a selfie where you are facing the camera. It also helps to have on no makeup and have your hair completely pulled back. Then try the colors you like and see if it works well with your skin.
I know the goal is to have natural makeup, but let’s face it,
red lipstick is a bold color and this is another reason why finding the perfect
red is so hard for us. Red isn’t the color of our natural lips; we are
literally adding a color which is not in our skintone palette whatsoever. The
trick is to find a red that goes well with you.
Here some absolutely amazing lipsticks, lip glosses and lippies, all available at Just4Girls.pk!
- Color Studio Rock and Load Liquid Lipstick in Déjà vu: I love Color Studio’s creamy and long lasting liquid lipstick formula. Since the 90’s are all the rage this season, this is a gorgeous brown-mauve color perfect for channeling your inner 90’s soul!
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Cake Shake: Speaking of the 90’s, if you’re going do to the overlined lip look, this is the perfect cinnamon brown gloss to go with your darker brown shade liner. I love Rihanna’s Gloss Bomb collection. They are literally inclusive in that they look good on everyone. I have yet to see them fail on anyone’s lips.
- Kylie Jenner Lipsticks in Boss Matte: When I was a girl in the late 1980’s, I saw a Madonna movie called “Who’s That Girl.” I was captivated by the Material Girl, and her penchant for red, red lips. In the opening scene, Madonna’s character Nikki (who was framed for a crime she did not commit), is getting out of prison and receiving her personal belongings. One of the belongings was a tube of lipstick in the shade of “Fire Engine Red.” When Madonna slapped that color on her lips, I (and many other girls like me) were obsessed with finding our own “Fire Engine Red.” This beautiful velvet matte shade is Kylie’s version of Fire Engine Red. Everyone needs one of these on their makeup table!
- Benefit Poppy Pink Tint Lip and Cheek stain: These are so versatile that you can use them on both your cheeks and lips. This is wonderful If you’re wanting to do a dramatic eye and a downplayed lip, or if you want to add just a subtle hint of color.
- NARS Mini Seduction Kit: This kit comes with a mini mascara, mini Orgasm blush and a Mini Raw Seduction lipstick. I love NARS lip colors; they are so long lasting and beautiful. This shade is a perfect nude for every day wear.
- SmashBox Always On Metallic Matte Liquid Lipstick in Damnethyst: First of all, isn’t this just the best name for a lipstick shade? I’m so serious; I fell in love with the name and the product. Smashbox has some of the best long-lasting formulas on the market. This is a gorgeous wine metallic matte which will be perfect for your fall makeup looks. Going to a wedding or special event? Put one of these in your shopping cart!
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace Gloss in Desert Rose: This is a beautiful shade which will look good on its own or with a slightly darker shade liner. I would take your liner and feather it toward the inside of your lips. Then, when you put this lip gloss on, it will give a natural ombre/faded look.
- Estee Lauder Modern Muse Inspire Fragrance Gift Set: This is a wonderful set which gives you three perfumes and three Pure Color Envy Lip glosses. You get Modern Muse, Modern Muse Le Rouge and Modern Muse Nuit purse sized sprays and Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss in Red Extrovert, Shameless Glow and Eccentric Flower.
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Nasty Girl: This is a gorgeous mauve color which is long lasting and perfectly matte. What makes these lippies unique? The formula is infused with Volulip for no-sting smoothing and plumping. It also has Avocado Oil, Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Filling Spheres and an angled applicator.
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Lady Balls: The same formula, just in a beautiful red shade. Since we are going into Fall, browns and deep reds are good choices if you’re rotating out your colors for the season.
- Morphe Liquid Lipstick in Hotshot: This is a very vivid red with orange tones. Would look great paired with a subtle neon pop eyeshadow.
- Wet N Wild Mini Liquid Catsuit Lip Set: This set comes with four beautiful long lasting liquid lipsticks. I love that they’re small enough to carry in your purse!
- Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Dragon Mami: If you’re looking for a good neon pink lipstick to channel your inner 80’s girl, then this is the one for you. This glides on effortlessly, is weightless and lasts all day long.
- Clinique Exclusive 5 piece long last glosswear set: 90’s looks were all about the glossy lips and this is an amazing set with five peppy colors: Sweet Tooth, Happy, Cupid’s Bow, Love at First Sight and Purple Crush.
- Amelia Vegan Lip Lacquer in PrimRose: This is a great formula for those of us who have thinner lips, because this can make your pout look much fuller. These are long lasting intense colors sure to turn heads. I love this one because it is definitely what I would consider a neon color, which is on trend and would be a perfect finishing touch to your makeup. I would pair it with a downplayed eye; you want this color to be the focus of your look for sure.
- HudaBeauty Lip Contour Set with Trophy Wife and Shameless: This is an amazing set with super cute packaging. To get the most out of your kit, use the liner to both line and contour your lips. Then top with Trophy Wife liquid lipstick and finish with the Lip Strobe (which have pink and copper duochrome pigments). What are duochrome pigments? In short, they are holographic pigments which add multi-level color and reflect the light, giving you a discoball or strobe light effect.
- Makeup Revolution Shimmer Bomb in Daydream: It’s no secret that Makeup Revolution has become known for their dupes of luxe products. This is a good Fenty Gloss bomb dupe at a very affordable price. Grab yourself a darker color lip liner and use this to create an overlined lip look.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Sogno: This is a really good nude brown to put in your bag for fall. I have several of the Stila Stay All Day lippies and they really do last eight hours and more.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Nude Cult: This is another true nude that I definitely think should be in everyone’s lipstick stash. You can pair it with similar color liner, clear liner or no liner at all.
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick Crayon in Punch: These are so easy to use, it’s not even funny. It’s like a literal colored pencil, except for your lips. Merle Norman had a line of these years ago, and I can’t stress enough how much I loved that product, which I why I love these. Since the pencil is chunky, but still has a fine tip, you can still get a precise line, then go ahead and fill in your lips. Takes an entire step out of getting your lips ready every day!
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Blazing Yule: MAC is known for their beautiful red lipsticks; this one is no exception. This is part of the Retro Matte which is a throwback line to the early days of MAC. I remember when our area finally got a MAC counter. I was so excited and could not wait to visit it. Once I did, I found that it was so overwhelming picking out the colors I liked. Especially lipsticks. There is literally a red for everyone in this line, and Just4Girls.pk has Beauty Advisors waiting to help you find your perfect shade!
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Slowburn: I’m partial to Urban Decay because it’s just a really cute, fun and edgy brand. This is a beautiful shade of red which applies effortlessly, is super creamy, pigmented and just looks beautiful on.
- Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Liner in Vixen: This is one of my favorite Kylie lip kits, because it is versatile and goes with everything. I really love that it can be used for 90’s looks and more modern makeup applications as well.
- Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Liner in Pumpkin: This is the same kit as the one above, but Pumpkin is an actual brown shade. THIS is what you want to grab up if you’re wanting to go full 1990’s Monica with your look.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix Matte in DayTrip: I love Colourpop’s lippie stix. They’re so beautiful, versatile and actually stay on your lips.
- Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Underdawg: Stunna Lip Paint is another line that I love from Fenty. Every color looks so good. I chose this one to highlight, because it is a deep maroon perfect for fall, and also is very on trend.
- MUA Velvet Matte Lipstick in Stiletto: MUA’s Velvet Mattes are absolutely amazing. The color is intense, long lasting and goes on really smoothly. This is super important to me when it comes to reds. If you have a red lipstick that is all crumbly and goes on jagged, it’s going to really mess up your entire look.