This summer season will soon come to end, with just a little over 2 weeks left to go. Some of us are happier or sadder than others, but there is always a silver lining ladies. For those of you on the sad end of the spectrum, one of the beauty benefits of cooler weather is that you are generally getting less sun exposure. That means that it is THE BEST time of the year to repair skin discoloration. You see ladies, it is much easier to treat sun spots, acne scars, and melasma when the skin is not as affected by UV damage. To accomodate, skin care brands have shifted their focus to tone-perfecting brighteners and illuminators in droves. The latest Drops of Light Collection from The Body Shop is equipped with four different products that are designed to break down and exfoliate dark spots using acids or enzymes, block pigment production, and prevent further damage with SPF. When used over a 12-week period (the time it takes for the skin to regenerate itself) the complexion correctors are clinically proven to reduce the number and intensity of dark spots, help to brighten the skin’s appearance, and leave the skin tone looking more even. Best of all, the line is geared towards all skin types, so even those with the most sensitive can give it a go. The products don’t use any brightening agents that will damage the skin and they are enriched and infused with natural ingredients, such as red algae and vitamin C to help the skin appear brighter and more luminous. Below is a breakdown of The Body Shop Drops of Light Collection that evens out skin tone once and for all:
- The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Cleansing Foam is a beautifully rich and creamy product that clarifies and purifies the skin, without over-drying or stripping the skin of precious moisture. It is very easy to use (just a pea sized amount massaged into wet skin, and washed off with cold water), and leaves the skin feeling clean and fresh. It is perfect to use as a morning cleanser to wake up your skin and prepare it for makeup.
- Once the skin is cleansed, the next step is to apply The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Essence Lotion. The lotion is basically the same as applying a toner. It is made as a gel-to-water texture to quickly penetrate into the skin to deliver light hydration and preps the skin for the next step after cleansing. It is fast drying, enhances translucency, brightness, and even skin tone. So, day by day, the skin appears brighter and healthier, while the skin texture is smooth, refined, and plumped with moisture.
- The next step is to apply the very lightweight Drops of Light Brightening Serum, which absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving it velvety soft and shine free. With regular use, the skin appears smoother, brighter, more luminous, more healthy, and translucent with an even tone. Best of all, it is clinically proven to reduce the number and intensity of dark spots. It is suitable for use for both the day and night, ultimately leaving the skin plumped with moisture.
- After applying the serum, the next step is to lock in the hydration with The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Day Cream. The texture of the cream initially feels thick and heavy, but once it is properly rubbed into the skin, it feels light as a feather. Instantly, the skin’s texture feels smoother, softer, and re-plumped with moisture. It is also proven to significantly reduce the number of dark spots, pigmentation, and unevenness. So ladies, in just four short weeks, the skin will appear plumper, more vibrant, and even toned.
- Lastly, The Body Shop Drops of Light Brightening Liquid Peel is a quick fix brightening essential that visibly brightens the appearance after first use. The transforming gel-to-peel technology traps and gently peels off impurities and dead skin cells to unveil healthy-looking skin that feels resurfaced from first use. With continued use, the skin looks more luminous and skin texture looks refined.
In the end, one of the most common skin care woes is an uneven complexion–more specifically, dark spots. To make matters worse, they are seriously difficult to get rid of (and challenging to conceal). Not to mention, reviving the skin and getting rid of marks and hyperpigmentation prove to be quite an expensive venture. No need to worry though ladies, The Body Shop has once again saved the day and fulfilled our skin care needs with the New Drops of Light Collection. All of the products mentioned above are available on just4girls.pk/blog. So, as summer nears its end days, get ready to kiss those dark spots goodbye in no time ladies!