When Gigi Hadid announced that we was partnering up with Maybelline New York to create a namesake cosmetic collection, she nearly broke the internet. In fact, every step of the Gigi Hadid x Maybelline collaboration has been a surprise. For the most part, most models front a brand, lend their faces to the campaign, and that’s usually the extent of it. That is not so with this Gigi Hadid collab; on top of rolling out her own, 28-piece collection with Maybelline, she put on a makeup master class for editors and influencers, walking us all through the thought process behind her line and products. Within the collection, the lipsticks are clear standouts. Now that the Gigi Hadid x Maybelline Collection is available at just4girls.pk/blog, I know you ladies are already racing online to get your hands on it. Hold your horses though ladies, the entire collection is definitely to die for, but you still need a run through of the most amazing shades of the lipsticks. Gigi stuck to nudes and reds, as befitting the collection’s East Coast-West Coast themes, and I’m really saying there is not a dud in the bunch. Below are the best shades from the Gigi Hadid x Maybelline New York Matte Lipstick Collection:
- One of Gigi’s signature looks is a nude lip. The model’s personal favorite, as she shared during her master class, is a nude shade named Taura (Gigi is a Taurus, get it) from the East Coast Glam collection. The peachy brown is a toasty nude shade that is so lovely, natural, and subtle. The application is supersmooth and feels super soft on the lips. It gets an A1, A-plus.
- We’ve all seen that photo of Gigi wearing Khair, and this shade has got us all feeling some type of way. It one of those classic, true reds that you can wear anywhere. It is a wonderful deep crimson that looks fantastic on warm undertones. Here is a little history behind the name too: it’s named after her little sister and fellow top model Bella’s middle name, which means kind or benevolent in Arabic–it all makes sense. So, if you don’t own a go-to red lipstick that looks good on any and every outfit, this in THE one.
- Lani is another great red shade. It is more of an orange-red/tangerine, bright poppy shade that looks very pretty on cool, bluish undertones. In terms of application, it goes on really smooth and has a satin finish that makes it seem luxe. It is not quite matte, but also not too shiny. The shade toes the line between coral and red, and is a really great color for day and night. It goes especially well with fresh, radiant looks.
- Austyn is a personal favorite shade from the matte lipstick range. It is a red with blue undertones and definitely brightens up the complexion–making the teeth appear whiter, which is a plus! It is surprisingly velvety and smooth, and doesn’t feel at all chalky or heavy. Best of all, the coverage is so on point.
- McCall is one of those perfect, barely there shades of pink nude lippie. It is best suited for fair skin tones with ideally cool undertones. It goes on super smooth and doesn’t dry the lips out, at all–something we can all appreciate and get behind.
In the end, the Gigi Hadid x Maybelline New York Matte Lipstick Collection are lip colors perfected. It is a very beautiful selection of festive matte lippies that apply well, wear long, and have crazy good pigmentation. All of the amazing shades mentioned above from the limited edition collection are available on just4girls.pk/blog. Get your hands on one, or two, or even all while they are still available. A piece or two from the Gigi Hadid x Maybelline New York Matte Lipstick Collection is a definite edition to the just4girls.pk/blog cart ladies!