Are you struggling with how to make your skin appear brighter, healthier and more even? If you live with hyperpigmentation (when your skin has both dark and light patches), you’re not alone, and yes there are products out there which can help you.
Hyperpigmentation isn’t classified as a condition, but rather just a term to describe skin that appears darker in some places. There are several ways that hyperpigmentation can manifest in your body. It can occur in sporadic small places, affect the entire body or cover large areas. It’s usually caused by an excess production of melanin, but other factors can cause this such as medications, pregnancy hormones, generics, excessive sun exposure and other genetic conditions.
There are ways you can use makeup to lessen the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
First, you do need to get a good color correcting palette. This Four Piece City Color Correcting Powders Set at Just4Girls.pk is a good choice. You can also get this ELF Purple Color Correcting pencil if your skin tends to have a lot of yellow places.
What color should you use, and why are there so many? It can seem a little overwhelming at first, but once you determine what color correcting shade (or shades) that you need, it won’t seem so scary.
What is color correcting? It is the technique of using colorful primers, powders and concealers to correct issues with your skin tone. These are different from regular concealers and powders, because they target specific issues using specific color tones. You can’t just slap on some purple and expect it to work right if you’re not targeting the right skin issue. They can help with dullness, dark spots, redness and undereye circles. The color correcting cancels the issues out by using opposite shades on the color wheel.
It does take a little bit of practice to get this technique down pat. Don’t be discouraged if it takes you a time or two to get it just right. We all have to start somewhere.
Here are the colors and what they do:
Yellow: Cancels out purple. If you’re wanting to make your skin tone appear more even, then use this color.
Green: Cancels out red. If you have rosacea, broken capillaries, sunburn or acne, then this is the color for you.
Peach/Orange: Cancels out blue. If you’ve got blue or purple undereye circles or veins, this will cancel those out. I used to keep a peach concealer on hand to help pep my undereye area right up.
Lavender/Purple: Brightens up sallow or dull skinb by cancelling out the yellow.
There are lots of face charts and tutorials online, plus
Just4Girls.pk has Beauty Advisors who are ready to help you tackle color correction
and make you an expert!
In addition to makeup, you can also use skincare products to help your skin appear smooth and even. A good exfoliating cleanser or peel can really brighten your skin tone and get rid of dead, dull skin patches. I can’t tell you how many people came to my makeup counter asking for coverups but we found the root of the problem lay within their skincare routine.
Washing your face daily is absolutely the most essential thing you can do to improve your skin tone. Yes, you do need to use other products in order to help your skin stay nourished and healthy, but if you’re not washing your face, then the other steps are only going to be a band aid.
Just4Girls.pk has some great face wash products. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Elemis Skin Buff: This is a cleansing exfoliator which helps clean skin and dust away dry and rough skin cells. Every time we wash our face, we remove impurities and dead skin cells. The accumulation of dead skin cells is one of the things that can make our skin appear dull and tired.
- Elemis Biotec Skin Energising Cleanser: I love that this formula is enriched with copper and zinc. Copper is a super element in skincare: it helps revitalize your cell energy, and boosts nighttime nourishment. Night time is the time of day when skin is most prone to repair itself. That’s why wearing a night cream is important because this is the natural time which skin performs reparative restoration.
- Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash: This is another exfoliating cleanser which removes dirt, debris and impurities. It dissolves dead skin, giving you a much more smooth overall feel.
- Jade Charcoal Face Wash: Charcoal is another beauty world super star. If you’re wanting to really deep clean your skin and get all of the gunk out, go for a charcoal product. I’m so super serious. I love anything with charcoal (and grapefruit in it). This cleanser exfoliates and detoxes your skin, reaching down deep into your pores to draw out grime and dirt.
- Jade Tea Tree Facewash:Tea tree oil is another great product which helps cut down on acne and redness. I use tea tree oil in my day to day routine and I have to tell you, it makes a difference in my skin. This cleanses pores, prevents acne and helps your skin look super gorgeous.
- Ooh Lala Activacted Charcoal Face Wash: Men need to take care of their skin as much as women, and this is a really great face wash for men. It has activated charcoal in it to draw out impurities and balance skin’s PH levels.
- SL Basics Aloe Vera Face Wash: This product is one hundred percent organic and chemical free, which is a plus in my book. Aloe Vera is a soothing product, so this is going to sooth and cleanse irritated skin at the same time. If you’re dealing with sensitive, irritated skin and also need some help getting rid of breakouts, then you need to go ahead and grab up one of these.
- SL Basics Honey Face Wash: Honey and cinnamon are combined to make this gorgeous smelling face wash. Cinnamon is an anti-inflammatory and honey is a natural combatant of acne. Did you know that honey is an anti-bacterial agent? This is why many face masks use honey as an active ingredient, and why I incorporate honey into my daily diet as well.
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Cleansing Butter: Does this face cleanser REALLY have 24K Gold in it? Yes, it absolutely does, and this is a solid to oil cleanser on top of that! This is what you want to use if you’re removing makeup and impurities in style. Other active ingredients include Kasturi Tumeric, Chamomile Butter and Honey to combat impurities and deliver intense moisture. You only need to use just a small amount of cleanser for this; apply an amount about the size of a coin, then rub between palms and apply to skin. Dampen slightly, then massage your face in a circular motion. Rinse and pat dry.
- L’Oreal Pure Clay Eucalyptus Purifying Face Wash: I love this cleanser because it combines three different types of clays which aid your skin in different ways. It cleanses, hydrates, purifies and leaves you with a healthy glow.
- Neutrogena Facial Wash in Visibly Clear: This is a two in one mask and cleanser treatment. You can either leave it on and let it work as a mask to draw out impurities, or use as a daily cleanser. This helps prevents spots and future breakouts and was developed by dermatologists.
- Evoluderm Soothing Mask in Pink Clay: If you have sensitive skin, this is a perfect product for you. Just apply the mask, leave for ten minutes then rinse thoroughly. You’ll have softer and radiant skin in no time after just a few uses!
- Evoluderm Anti Imperfections Exfoliating Cleansing Gel: I blog about this product a lot, but because I love it so much. It really made a difference in my skin and I will be a solid user for life. This gently exfoliates while using zinc and pink grapefruit to combat acne and blemishes.
- Evoluderm Rinse-Off Cleansing Oil: This is for more dry skin types. If you want something that easily removes makeup and dirt, pick one of these up. It is silicone free and leaves no greasy film.
Cleansing your face is important, but another way to help your skin texture be more even without makeup is to use serums and other deep-penetrating skincare. Peels are good too, although I most definitely recommend educating yourself on what peels do and how often to use them before jumping right in. You can’t use a peel too often or leave it on your skin for too long; it can actually cause more damage if used incorrectly. Be sure to reach out to our Beauty Advisors for assistance in selecting the right skincare product for you.
Here are some peels and serums I love and are available at Just4Girls.pk:
- Makeup Revolution Pigment Boost Pigmentation Intense: This is a more peach color in skintone which means it’s going to combat dark, purple looking under eye circles. You can use this day and night and under your concealer for a boost.
- SL Basics Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin C helps reduce premature aging by delivering antioxidants deep within skin’s layers. This also protects skin from free radicals caused by UV exposure and helps to lighten hyperpigmentation, even skin tone, and lessen the appearance of dark spots.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: Makes skin appear smoother and more radiant overnight. This is an amazing elixir of pure botanical oils and nutrients.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare 10% Niacinamide + 1% Zinc Blemis and Pore Refining Serum: If you are dealing with blackheads and blemishes, you need this product in your life. Zinc helps to combat acne and other related blemishes. This serum also helps reduce the appearance of large pores. You can use this on its own, or underneath your foundation and concealer to battle blemishes all day long.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Night Restore Oil: Formulated with Evening Primrose, Lavender and Squalene, this serum works while you sleep to restore appearance of skin texture. If you use this product faithfully for two weeks, you will see reduced signs of aging and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Makeup Revolution Skincare Multi Acid Peeling Solution: Okay, so this is the peel I was telling you about. I consider it to be a legitimate miracle product, hands down. It is a combination of the following ingredients: 30% AHA and 1.5% BHA, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Fruit Acids from various fruits including orange and lemon and salicylic acid. That’s a WHOLE LOT of acid, folks, which can be very good for your skin but can be harmful if used incorrectly. This is a literal peel, not a serum, not a mask. You want to use this no more than twice a week and for no longer than ten minutes at a time. I’m super serious; you can burn your face and damage your skin using these improperly. However, when used the right way, they are MIRACLES for your skin. I deal with aging, oily, blemish prone skin. Using this product twice a week has helped my skin look more supple, less blemishes and more even. You want to apply this to a clean face, but not on wet skin. Apply evenly, let it sit for no more than ten minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water. You want to avoid eyes, eye contour, inner area of nose and mouth. Case in point; when I used this product last time, I got a little too close to my mouth and it caused my skin around the corners of my lips to peel. If this happens to you, it’s okay, but don’t use the product again for a couple of weeks. Don’t use it if you have cuts or open areas on your skin, and definitely load up with the SPF right after you use it. Why? Because this is literally peeling (rather dissolving) a thin layer of skin off of your face and taking along gunk, dead skin cells, dirt and mire with it.
If you need help choosing which products are best for you, be sure to message , Jaweria Artistry, one of our Beauty Advisors, for more information. She is super ready to meet you and help you in your beauty shopping! Check out her Insta, or Message her on Just4Girls.pk!