Cover those mouths, matte lippie lovers, because it’s about to get soaking wet in here. That is right ladies, lip oils, lacquers, and high-shine glosses have made a serious comeback when it comes to sporting a wet-look pout this summer. I’m talking the wetter the better kind of look. You see ladies, initially, clear gloss made a return to the runway at the start of 2017, but this summer we’ve seen lip color get the wet-finish treatment. So, according to makeup artists, that easiest way to work the trend yourself in by using a colored lip gloss. The best lippies for sporting a wet-finish are ones with super shiny texture that don’t feel too sticky and have a great variety of colors and shimmery tones. Luckily, the sticky glosses that were huge in the early 2000s have been replaced by much more modern and comfortable formulas. Today’s glosses have a mirror-like, wet-finish with just the right amount of tackiness to make them long-wearing yet comfortable–perfect for a fresh and summery makeup look. Below are the best wet-look, glazed-like-a-donut, must-shop formulas that will make you the hottest commodity this summer:
- Get an amazing wet, mirror effect with the ultra luminous DMGM Gloss Explosion Lip Gloss. It enwraps your lips with maximum comfort, as if your lips were resting upon a cushion–yes ladies, the wear is that comfortable. It also provides a long-lasting sensation of pleasure and produces lips that are fuller and seductively shimmering. The unique non-sticky formula is oh-so nourishing, moisturizing, and repairs lips with avocado oil and vitamin E.
- If you ladies are after more of a subtle stain effect, lip oils are for you. The e.l.f. Tinted Lip Oil combines a healthy dose of wet shine with just a hint of color, making it a perfect complement to any minimal summer makeup look. It is formulated with jojoba, apricot, and vitamin E, which helps to smooth and hydrate the lips, working almost as a lip balm.
- For summer 2018 there is only one lip product you need: a glossy liquid-wet formula shot through with iridescent and metallic shimmer. Yes, the sheer amount of glitter in your lip color may intimidate you and others, but if you ladies are brave enough to walk out of the bathroom wearing a metallic lippie, you’ll find that the trend is more wearable than you could have ever imagined. So for mesmerizing holographic color, pick up the Huda Beauty Metallic Lip Strobe. The metallic shades look amazing alone, or layered on top of your favorite lipstick.
- Everyone looks amazing in the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminzer. Not only does the vanilla scent smell like literal heaven, but the rose gold hue with striking shimmer and wet shine enhances your natural lip color. So you get a lil something, but you don’t look like you’re doing the most. Overall, it’s subtle, sexy, and suitable for all summer looks.
- The Clinique Pop Oil Lip & Cheek Glow is subtle and sheer. It has a very fluid and wet formula. It is not at all sticky on the lips, but rather has an oily and liquid-y consistency. The color is intense and long-lasting, so lips stay moist throughout the day, as well as the color and shine.
In the end ladies, as much as we love a good matte lip, this summer is all about embracing a wet pout. I mean really, there is nothing quite as glamorous as a plump and glossy lacquered lip, am I right? Best of all, the wet-look lip trend is very versatile, so it can be worn alongside so many different makeup looks. You ladies could go strong with an 80s makeup look, a smokey eye and glossy red lip, or just a fresh face with a shiny, wet lip. The possibilities are endless–especially on just4girls.pk/blog. All of the lip glosses, lacquers, and oils mentioned above are available on the site. So ladies, go forth and gloss with a literal splash!